New member introduction

Welcome to BYC Shortstuff, haven't heard that name in a long time. My father used to call me shortstuff, shortstop, shrimp, half pint, etc. I'm still short(and probably shorter by now) but, people call me Nancy (my real name) and I like that much better.
Hi Nancy! My real name is Wendy. Haha. But I too, have been called all those nicknames. Thanks for the welcome. :) I'm glad I found BYC. It's nice to feel a part of this community even though I'm a newbie. :)

:welcome

Hi there @Shortstuff and welcome to BYC, Wendy! We are so glad to have you here, and can't wait to hear about your adventures as a new chicken caretaker. I'm sure you'll find many resources here on their care and growth, as well as tips to help with your dog. Make sure your enclosure for them as they move to the big wide world is predator proofed to the best of your ability, and I highly suggest a game camera or nest cam to keep an eye on them and any potential problem critters. We can't wait to hear more from you!

welcomeface.png

:welcome

Hi there @Shortstuff and welcome to BYC, Wendy! We are so glad to have you here, and can't wait to hear about your adventures as a new chicken caretaker. I'm sure you'll find many resources here on their care and growth, as well as tips to help with your dog. Make sure your enclosure for them as they move to the big wide world is predator proofed to the best of your ability, and I highly suggest a game camera or nest cam to keep an eye on them and any potential problem critters. We can't wait to hear more from you!

View attachment 2224333
Thanks! A camera is a great idea! We are in the Pacific Northwest and there are a ton of predators around the area. We will fence it up really well.

Welcome to BackYard Chickens, Wendy! We're very glad that you've decided to join us, and we hope that you enjoy your time here on the site.
Best of luck with your flock! Careful... those six chicks might multiply next year!
It's funny how they multiply. We started of intending to only get 4, but now have 6! I can see how that can happen!

Back
Top Bottom