New Member jumping in head first!!

lynns-hens

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2016
Fairhope Alabama
Hey y'all. I am Lynn and I live in coastal Alabama. Yes we do have beautiful beaches in AL! I have 26 new chicks coming next week. I'm excited and my husband can't quit laughing. I plan on keeping them in the garage for now and lumber for coop and run comes this week. Happy to find this site! I'll need help!

Welcome to BYC. Click on 'The Learning Center' located at the top of the page, and then go to the 'Raising backyard chickens' forum and click on the coop and run section. Hustle on making that coop - they grow really fast.

Hi :welcome Lynn

Glad you could join the flock! How exciting for you to be getting started with new chicks :clap They are lots of fun and very rewarding too as you watch them grow. Good luck with your coop build :fl

Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi and welcome to BYC - sounds like you have some fun but busy times ahead - enjoy 'em!

All the best
CT

welcome-byc.gif

You are going to have some fun now! If you have any questions come up during your coop build, you can ask them here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/9/coop-run-design-construction-maintenance

What breed(s) of chicks are you getting?

It's nice to have you here!

Hi Lynn, nice to meet you. I'm sure you don't have to wait for snow to melt like those of us stuck in cold climates. Welcome to BYC. Be sure to check out the coops section.

Thanks. I got the ornamental layer assortment from Murray McMurray. I know I have some polish and cochins. That's all I've truly been able to figure out.

Busy to say the least! I can't believe what I've jumped into but it has been fun (and very expensive)! Most of the neighborhood has been involved and love visiting the garage to see how they've grown. We have had great luck with weather over the last few weeks. The coop doors were finished today, coop is caulked and ready to paint the exterior, interior done. We are so proud of what has been done but it was so much more work then we thought. Luckily the 24, 5 week old chicks in the garage are motivators to get it DONE!!!

Back
Top Bottom