New Member....Just checking the water

Crow hop

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 20, 2014
Hello all,
I am new to BYC and I just wanted to say hello. I am interested in learning from those willing to teach and look forward to getting to know those willing to visit a little about a small flock.
I have experience in large commercial broiler operations and also raising fighting Game Birds when I was a teen.

This will be our first flock in the Alaska. We plan to get our chicks in March or April. Brood them indoors for a several weeks then put them out, in the nice summer weather.

I am especially interested to get to know other folk that are involved in chickens in our area. We live outside of Palmer, Alaska....about 20 miles.

So "Hello to everyone" and I look forward to getting to know yall!

Crow hop

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

There are a lot of very knowledgeable folks here that will be glad to chat with you about all things bird. It sounds like you have an interesting background with chickens.

To find other Alaskan members, check out your state thread here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/84141/north-to-alaska

Feel free to ask any questions you may have or just share stories and pictures...we're all here to help each other out. Nice to have you join us!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Definitely follow those links that the others have left for you.

Enjoy all your adventures and welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif
So glad you joined us. Waiting to get chicks next spring is a good decision. And gives you lots of time to make decisions and plan.
Can't imagine the winters up there.

Back
Top Bottom