New member near Cambridge UK

English Sax

Hatching
Dec 14, 2020
Hi! I'm Sara, I live in an old farmhouse in a tiny village near Cambridge UK. I don't have land to farm properly but I do have space for chickens so I've had 6 or 7 since I've been here, about 9 years. Mixture of hybrids with the occasional pure bred. Had one very successful brood raised completely naturally by the Dwarf Buff Orpington mamma, but the lot got wiped out by a fox last year so we had to start again. The rooster this time is a Rhode Island Red and mean, wouldn't get one again. His ladies are always a little stressed and don't lay well and roost in the trees rather than share his shed. We should probably eat him but *sigh*.
Apart from that I'm a midwife and have visions of somewhere with more land where I can have more animals. Erm. What were the other questions....😆

Hi! I'm Sara, I live in an old farmhouse in a tiny village near Cambridge UK. I don't have land to farm properly but I do have space for chickens so I've had 6 or 7 since I've been here, about 9 years. Mixture of hybrids with the occasional pure bred. Had one very successful brood raised completely naturally by the Dwarf Buff Orpington mamma, but the lot got wiped out by a fox last year so we had to start again. The rooster this time is a Rhode Island Red and mean, wouldn't get one again. His ladies are always a little stressed and don't lay well and roost in the trees rather than share his shed. We should probably eat him but *sigh*.
Apart from that I'm a midwife and have visions of somewhere with more land where I can have more animals. Erm. What were the other questions....😆
20201204_10372515.jpg

Hello, Sara! Reading your intro made me immediately think of the Rosamunde Pilcher books that I love, filled with stories of folks who live in lovely old farmhouses and quaint villages in England and Scotland. Thanks for the imagery!

I understand about your roo; I have a wether goat who is totally a jerk, but he's best friends with the other wether, so I tolerate his bad behavior. Let's hope your boy mellows out.

Welcome to the group, and I hope you get your farm land someday!

Back
Top Bottom