New member needs advice

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by buddiesmomma, Jan 31, 2016.

1. buddiesmomma

buddiesmomma New Egg

Jan 31, 2016
    [​IMG]Hi my name is Michelle and im new to this site. Im so happy there are people out there willing to help with any questions we might have. So back in june a pigeon showed up at my house and my family and I have taken such great care of him. He has become like apart of the family. We fell into a daily routine with him as he would actually like to come in the house and be held. As of this past tuesday he was outside on the peak of my garage where he usually sits and my husband left to go get my son from school and when he came back he was gone. He still has not been home since. Im very concerned because hes never left my house before and im very lost without him. We did recently get 14inches of snow here so I was wondering when he took off for his daily fly could he possibly gotten lost? Can someone please help me with some input? Thanks

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Sorry, I'm totally clueless when it comes to pigeons (and most other things for that matter [​IMG]). I hope that someone else chimes in soon to give you some advice.

All the best
    CT

4. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Pigeons were used to carry messages, because they could navigate back to their birth place (homing pigeons). He may have sensed the storm and went elsewhere. That's the extent of my knowledge. I hope your little guy comes home.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    The weather indeed may have confused him as to location. I hope he will be back. Do you put feed out in a certain place he would return to?

6. buddiesmomma

buddiesmomma New Egg

Jan 31, 2016
    Thanks everyone! Yes I have been keeping up with his food outside since hes been gone. Ik hes a racing pigeon because he does have bands on his feet im hoping he didnt return to that guy because from all I have heard and read they will kill him since he didnt return from june.

7. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  8. buddiesmomma

buddiesmomma New Egg

Jan 31, 2016
    Oh great ty so much[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by