New member needs help

Farmerjed

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2017
Hello I'm a new member. I have 6 leghorns and 8 isa browns. I have a question about my leg horns. I bought all 6 at the same time but I think one is a male even though they came from the same pullet bin in the store. The one with the big red comb I worried about being a roof. The other 5 look like the other pic. Please help

Attachments

• 20170609_180954.jpg
    20170609_180954.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20170609_181054.jpg
    20170609_181054.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 11
Yes, if they are the same age, I would say..rooster and pullet. I love leghorns!

I checked out her neck feathers they look rounded and the ears at this time are still white. I can't guarantee they are the same age but close. It is getting very talkative as well. If it is a male I need to build another coop and pen

I checked out her neck feathers they look rounded and the ears at this time are still white. I can't guarantee they are the same age but close. It is getting very talkative as well. If it is a male I need to build another coop and pen
Those little white things on the side of the head will stay white on a leghorn. It's usually the color you will see on breeds that lay white eggs. There are a few exceptions, but the leghorn's stay white. Good luck with them. I actually had a legorn go broody once. She was a great Mom!

If have one broody I'd breed her. I have loved chickens since I was a kid on the farm. My job every morning was to collect the eggs

Don't know what age your birds are but, even white leghorn hens end up with big, floppy combs. With white breeds it is very difficult to see pointy hackle /saddle feathers in a photo.

Back
Top Bottom