New Member to BYC

GreatLakeEggs08

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2023
Janesville, WI
Hi I’m Melinda, new to BYC!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am newish to chickens we have had them for 7 months my husband grew up with them. I wanted horses and cows again but we settled on Chickens… I will get my cows and horses just gotta do more buttering up.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
8 chickens

(3) What breeds do you have? We have 2 Polish, 2 Light Brahma, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Silver Laced

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? The eggs and their personalities

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? gardening, classic cars, boating, fishing, fixing up our 123 yr old home

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We have 7 kids ranging from almost 22-17yrs old. Ones special forces Army. We have 3 dogs 2 Newfoundlands, an older German shepherd. They love the chickens and protect them. I work in medical.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I was looking for chicken apps and stumbled across this.

Back
Top Bottom