New member to the site

jasperandchar

In the Brooder
May 21, 2017
Hello everyone

We purchased 10 ready to lay hens (black sexlinks x3, columbian rock x2, 1 wellsummer, 2 unknown brown hens, 1 barred rock

AND 10 unsexed 8-10 week old chicks

So I have been lurking on your site for about 1 month and very impressed. I've been stocking (haha) the easter eggers threads/posts trying to figure out what gender the unsexed easter eggers/barnyard mixes are and I will definatley say I've learned alot BUT I'm thruthfully still very confused.

I will snap some pictures of the easter eggers/barnyard mixes tomorrow (Monday) and hopefully be able to confirm their genders and know my male to female ratio, I believe I definately have atleast 4-5 young roosters (8-10 weeks old).

Thanks

Welcome. There's a lot to learn! There's a lot of care, too, in order to have healthy chickens. But they are fun, fascinating, amusing, beautiful, and eggs are nothing less than little dietary gold nuggets of nutrition, especially those that come from your free-range hens that have access to lots of greens and bugs.

Keep us posted on your gang. I agree, it sounds like you'll have a very colorful egg basket. Tres cool!

Welcome. There's a lot to learn! There's a lot of care, too, in order to have healthy chickens. But they are fun, fascinating, amusing, beautiful, and eggs are nothing less than little dietary gold nuggets of nutrition, especially those that come from your free-range hens that have access to lots of greens and bugs.

Keep us posted on your gang. I agree, it sounds like you'll have a very colorful egg basket. Tres cool!
Thanks we took a 15 year hiatus when the kids came along but now we are back into it and loving it, it's been only 1 month but they have quite the personalities and curious creatures. Yes the older hens/rooster free range we have lots of land, the 8-10 week olds are in a large dog kennel and coop.

Welcome to BYC. Your chicks are the perfect age - if you post photos at "what breed or gender is this," the folks there should be able to sort things out for you.

Back
Top Bottom