New member with a question again haha

THE CHICK INN 6

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2015
whippany NJ
My Coop
My Coop
I am alil new to this but getting the hang of it.( i believe) well this question is totally gunna make some one nuts, first let me start with if this is true and something that can work, this may be awsome for the chicken world...well i have been a reptile fan for years now about 8 and lizards have crazy issues with respitory issues from there sand or feces, so one of the easy way to fix this is with a product called repti-sand or almost any kind similiar i havn't had any issues at all. now the reason this is brought up is its calcium sand if the lizard eats it, it basically only can help unless its in excess.with all this said wouldnt this be a great thing for chickens or ducks? It has no cloudiness when opened to hurt ur lizards lungs so id think thats great for chickens not to breathe in, and just like the lizards, chickens need added calcium too(right?) but does anyone know of this working, could it work, and what could be a negitive?(and yea i know that this is a chicken forum and im chattin about lizards lol). Any input is greatly appreciated! Tia.

It would be problematic if used for a flock with roosters and birds of different ages. For hens that are laying, calcium is important for strong eggshells. But for roosters and younger birds not yet laying, calcium can do a lot of damage to their systems.

It would be problematic if used for a flock with roosters and birds of different ages. For hens that are laying, calcium is important for strong eggshells. But for roosters and younger birds not yet laying, calcium can do a lot of damage to their systems.

All of my birds are the same age 12 weeks but I was thinking of useing it for flooring in the coop. I don't know sex yet...

Regular sand is a great option for flooring in a coop. Chickens love to dust bathe and doing it in sand is a great way to reduce lice and mites. Calcium is a big no no until they are all laying.

Back
Top Bottom