new member with older flock.

randy 77

In the Brooder
Dec 3, 2017
Hi

I started my flock with three birds. Two cuckoo marans and a Barama over 5 years ago in April 2012. Since then my flock has changed. Two of the three birds are still with me.

What a sweetie the Barama is. She loves to get up in my arms.

Before I got into chicken keeping I did not think I would be as enthusiastic about chickens as I am now. Love to watch them scratch and peck and come over and help me do gardening. Like the back yard eggs too.

We had 4 West highland Terriers at the time and had to train them to get along with the chickens. That is a long story but interesting.

Look forward to talking to many of you.

G’Day from down under randy 77 :frow Welcome!

I have a small flock of 5 bantams and two of those are coming up to 5 years also; Cilla [the matriach] is one of my original hens.

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom