Ekischicks

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2019
NH
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My parents had chickens when I was in college and in my 20s. This is our first time having them in our family.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 4 coming in the beginning of May.
(3) What breeds do you have?
Buff laced polish, New Hampshire red, Black Jersey Giant, and Americauna.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
The relationship with our food (eggs for us right now), teaching responsibility to our children, and enjoying the girls!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Spending time on the trails by our house, CrossFit, our pets, animal rescue.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have 2 kids - a kindergarten daughter and 3 year old son. I’m a teacher, and my husband is a photographer. We have 2 dogs - an 8 year old lab/pittie mix named Callie and a 2 year old pug mix named Roger. Both are rescues. We also have a kitty named Sparky.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Internet searches for raising chickens - want to be part of a community that shares, grows, and learns

Hello and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. Please make yourself at home.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

1byc-chicken-family.jpg

hithere.gif
I think you've come to the right place. I've learned a lot from the folks here and enjoy sharing my experiences as well... hope you do too!

Back
Top Bottom