chickencoop57

Songster
Aug 24, 2019
Pipe Creek, Tx
Hello everyone! My name is Eloy and I live in Pipe Creek, Tx, about 35 miles NW of San Antonio. I had chickens about 20+ years ago but moved to the city. Now I'm back in the country. :) I bought 3 Leghorns and 3 Rhode Island Red chicks about 4 months ago. I raised them in a big cage, for about 2 months, while building the coop and the run. Shouldn't be much longer before they start laying. I also decided to get six more chicks, so I got 2 Wyandotte, 2 Dominique and 2 Orpington's, for my wife. They're in the cage until big enough to be put with the others in the coop. My wife and I used to buy yard egg's from other folks but at $4- $5.00 a dozen, well we went back to buying them at the store. Needless to say, we eat a lot of eggs. Then we decided how wonderful it would be to have our own chickens. So Ya La, here we are with our own, just awaiting for them to lay! :) Sure the coop and run were expensive to build but I did it a little at a time and I don't mind saying, it turned out pretty nice from just looking at pics on Pinterest, where is also were I found yall. Oh, by the way, my occupation is a CNA/Caregiver for Texas Home Health.

Hello everyone! My name is Eloy and I live in Pipe Creek, Tx, about 35 miles NW of San Antonio. I had chickens about 20+ years ago but moved to the city. Now I'm back in the country. :) I bought 3 Leghorns and 3 Rhode Island Red chicks about 4 months ago. I raised them in a big cage, for about 2 months, while building the coop and the run. Shouldn't be much longer before they start laying. I also decided to get six more chicks, so I got 2 Wyandotte, 2 Dominique and 2 Orpington's, for my wife. They're in the cage until big enough to be put with the others in the coop. My wife and I used to buy yard egg's from other folks but at $4- $5.00 a dozen, well we went back to buying them at the store. Needless to say, we eat a lot of eggs. Then we decided how wonderful it would be to have our own chickens. So Ya La, here we are with our own, just awaiting for them to lay! :) Sure the coop and run were expensive to build but I did it a little at a time and I don't mind saying, it turned out pretty nice from just looking at pics on Pinterest, where is also were I found yall. Oh, by the way, my occupation is a CNA/Caregiver for Texas Home Health.
Welcome Eloy to BYC so eggcited to have you here with us

BACK ON THE FARM 3.gif

Greetings chickencoop57, Welcome to BYC! :frow

Hello Eloy and welcome to BYC as well! I've learned in a short time that the members here are amazing and full of great information if you need it.

Any pics of the coop??
Hello, Eloy, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
That's a big coop and run you must be building!
No Dobielover, I'm just not a carpenter. Lol, Its only a 4'wx8'L coop but tall enough to stand in, with extended nesting box. The run is only 8'x8'x6' for now. I'll put up pics, soon.

Back
Top Bottom