NEPAchick

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2019
Hello fellow chicken/poultry people! I am a new member who joined in anticipation of my first chicks ever arriving later this month. In an attempt to be as prepared as possible, I've found this site to be a great resource. It's filled with real people with all generously sharing their experiences. My question is, is there anything that you wish you had starting out that isn't widely known? Thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
What is widely known to some isn't known at all to others.
Walk-in coop, fully secured attached LARGE run, Corid on hand, Poultry Nutri-drench on hand, keeping them cool is more important than keeping them warm, ventilation, dry, POOP BOARDS :bow!!!

Welcome to BYC.
:yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

I wish I had know how serious diseases are and how strict one should practice biosecurity.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site (how to upload photos too):

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops.

What exactly did you Google to get here? <<<<<<<<<<<

BYC has an APP!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
What is widely known to some isn't known at all to others.
Walk-in coop, fully secured attached LARGE run, Corid on hand, Poultry Nutri-drench on hand, keeping them cool is more important than keeping them warm, ventilation, dry, POOP BOARDS :bow!!!
Thanks bunches! I'll add the Corid and Poutlry Nutri-Drench to my list. I'm currently working on a poop board solution, although I didn't know there was a name for them.

Back
Top Bottom