Takaczka

Chirping
Apr 8, 2020
Hi, My name is Tamra. I live in Pennsylvania. I am new to the Chicken world. We moved from Colorado with a .17th of an acre to over 2 acres here in PA. We bought a chicken coop before we even closed on our house. We started out with 8 birds. unfortunately my daughter choose a sick bird and it died after 3 weeks. I was letting my birds free range and a hawk got one so now we have 6 birds that are about 7 months old.
We have: 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Wyandotte, 1 Dixie Rainbow and 2 Prairie Bluebells. We also got 4 new chicks this spring they are 2 Easter Eggers and 2 buff Brahmas. I love watching their personalities come to light. I enjoy watching the birds graze and run. We are going to be fencing in pasture for goats, a donkey and maybe a mini cow. We have one dog named Maggie who does very well with our flock. She kinda chases the, she just want to see if she can make them move as soon as i see her and tell her to leave my birds alone she does.

Last edited:
Welcome to Backyard Chickens. I used to breed dogs and I know how strong the lust for chasing is. Fortunately the Cockers, were just as happy pursuing tennis balls.
she is a good dog and doesn't really chase them. she goes about a foot and then she is done. she is a mini schnauzer and is 11 years old. she listens very well all i have to do is tell her no or stop and she does within a second.

Back
Top Bottom