hortont4

In the Brooder
Dec 30, 2020
Chester, SC
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We had chickens when I was growing up but I moved from home at 19 and haven't had any since (30 now).

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Have none now but just purchased a house with a little bit of land and am looking to start a small flock in the spring. Converting dog kennels that are currently on the property into a coop and run.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Looking to get friendly egg layers, Orpingtons, RIR, Plymouth Rock, etc.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I just love chickens. They're fun to watch and be around, fresh eggs is a bonus.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Horseback riding, ATVs, camping, fishing, etc.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Accountant, desk job looking at a computer all day, farm girl at heart. Just switched to work from home which will be great to be close to chickens during the day. Have three dogs, dachshund, border collie/australian shepherd, and a foxhound. Also have a ball python, a rat, a cat, and some outdoor pond goldfish.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found this page through google. Every topic I searched for had a link to a thread on here. I found some very good information and decided to join.

Back
Top Bottom