New member!

Hi I am new to chickens but I currently have 11. I use to have 12 but my dad gave away one of the roosters for being a bit mean. I got them this year. I have 5 of the Smokey pearls that were sold at tractor supply, and 6 mysterious chicks that were sold to me as Rhode island egg layers but they are clearly not egg layers or Rhode island reds. My favorite thing about the chickens are the fact my 5 Smokeys are so fun to watch. They will ran at me when they see me for me to feed them and sometimes they let me hold them. My other hobbies are that I do play video games and I read. I started also doing some sewing also. I live with my dad and mom and my brother. We have 1 dog who is just jealous of the chickens all the time. I also have an aquarium with guppies and two dwarf frogs. I am currently not working but im looking to work with animals as a career. I found BYC from just looking up stuff about my chickens and what I could do and should be doing. I'm excited to join the community and get to the bottom of my mysterious broiler chickens!
Welcome to BYC!!

Welcome to BYC.
I'm sorry that you ended up with cornish x, but you are giving them a good home, even though it will be short term. The same with the roosters. I hate giving up my roosters, but I do it for the sake of my hens. (& my hens always appreciate it)
If you buy more chicks from tractor supply, try to google them to confirm they are what they are advertised as. Tractor supply gets it wrong very often. On the other hand, you get to experience new breeds, that you might not have bought otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom