Henvolio

In the Brooder
Jan 21, 2023
North Carolina, USA
Hey! I’m Henvolio- get the reference?- I’m a young chicken keeper from North Carolina, U.S.A., I’ve been keeping chickens for around four/five years now, and have known about this website for a while now as well, I just haven’t joined!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Nope, i’ve had chickens for about four or five years, ever since we moved to NC.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I‘ve got six chickens and two ducks!

(3) What breeds do you have?

It’s… a little bit complicated. For purebreds, I’ve got two barred rock hens, a white leghorn hen, and a gold laced sebright bantam rooster, in addition to the two ducks, who are a khaki campbell and a rouen, respectively. For mixed breed general mutt chickens, I’ve got a Brahma mix hen, a Brahma Easter Egger Something Else mix rooster (Son of the Brahma mix hen), White leghorn easter egger mix hen (adoptive daughter of the brahma mix hen).

I’ve had more breeds in the past (my favorites of which were speckled sussex and nankin bantams) and I intend on getting more in the future :)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I really love just watching them interact and exist, plus less bugs in the yard and less food waste is definitely a plus.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I’m a general animal nut- My favorites are ducks and dogs, but i also just generally love birds and farm animals. I’m an ag kid, and I’m hopefully heading to college to do more Ag/animal related stuff! Other hobbies include obsessing over genetics, animal breeding, interior design, wildlife conservation, and art!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

As for other pets, I’ve got six cats and a fish tank with no fish, but a surplus of cool pink snails!
I currently have no occupation, but when i’m older I plan to become a wildlife conservationist, or a dog trainer and groomer! Depends on what happens :) I plan to always have chickens (when feasible- not sure if a college dorm would allow such a thing) and I also plan to help preserve rarer breeds, and to show fancy schmancy chickens as well!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I joined because I figured it was time, and also I want more chicken friends. Plus, It’s always fun to peruse the forums :)

Hey! I’m Henvolio- get the reference?- I’m a young chicken keeper from North Carolina, U.S.A., I’ve been keeping chickens for around four/five years now, and have known about this website for a while now as well, I just haven’t joined!

Nope, i’ve had chickens for about four or five years, ever since we moved to NC.

It’s… a little bit complicated. For purebreds, I’ve got two barred rock hens, a white leghorn hen, and a gold laced sebright bantam rooster, in addition to the two ducks, who are a khaki campbell and a rouen, respectively. For mixed breed general mutt chickens, I’ve got a Brahma mix hen, a Brahma Easter Egger Something Else mix rooster (Son of the Brahma mix hen), White leghorn easter egger mix hen (adoptive daughter of the brahma mix hen).

I’ve had more breeds in the past (my favorites of which were speckled sussex and nankin bantams) and I intend on getting more in the future :)

I really love just watching them interact and exist, plus less bugs in the yard and less food waste is definitely a plus.

I’m a general animal nut- My favorites are ducks and dogs, but i also just generally love birds and farm animals. I’m an ag kid, and I’m hopefully heading to college to do more Ag/animal related stuff! Other hobbies include obsessing over genetics, animal breeding, interior design, wildlife conservation, and art!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
As for other pets, I’ve got six cats and a fish tank with no fish, but a surplus of cool pink snails!
I currently have no occupation, but when i’m older I plan to become a wildlife conservationist, or a dog trainer and groomer! Depends on what happens :) I plan to always have chickens (when feasible- not sure if a college dorm would allow such a thing) and I also plan to help preserve rarer breeds, and to show fancy schmancy chickens as well!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I joined because I figured it was time, and also I want more chicken friends. Plus, It’s always fun to peruse the forums :)
Welcome to BYC!!

Wow, nice introduction!

What area of NC? I'm in eastern NC, Pitt County

Back
Top Bottom