Jan 30, 2023
Carlsbad California
Hi! I am finally joining after using this site as a reference for 3 years. I live in a suburban area that only allowing 5 hens per household. Our family raised Rhode Island Reds and Golden Lace Wyandottes from chicks. A recent bobcat attack left us with only one RIR. We are now raising an Ameracauna and an Orphington and we rescued a juvenile rooster. I am not sure we will be able to keep the rooster but he has helped our lone hen recover from her grief. My current concern is that the Orphington may be a roo. We are at 2 months. What do you all think?
Bloom pullet or roo.jpg
bloom pullet or roo 2.jpg

Hi! I am finally joining after using this site as a reference for 3 years. I live in a suburban area that only allowing 5 hens per household. Our family raised Rhode Island Reds and Golden Lace Wyandottes from chicks. A recent bobcat attack left us with only one RIR. We are now raising an Ameracauna and an Orphington and we rescued a juvenile rooster. I am not sure we will be able to keep the rooster but he has helped our lone hen recover from her grief. My current concern is that the Orphington may be a roo. We are at 2 months. What do you all think?View attachment 3390991View attachment 3390993
Welcome to BYC!! I’m sorry about your lost hens, but the BO does seem to be a cockerel. :)

Back
Top Bottom