HappyHen89

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2023
Hello Everyone! I'm glad to be apart of this group finally. I have wanted to create an account for a while and have finally done so!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I first got chickens in 2021.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I currently have 9 chickens - 1 Roo and 8 Hens. In the next week or so I will be acquiring 4 market turkeys - I have a 4H member who is keeping her project(s) at my house since I have the space. And on May 9 I will also be getting 9 more Hens that my girlfriend and I ordered from a hatchery.
(3) What breeds do you have?

I have 5 red leghorns, 1 white leghorn, 2 lavender orpingtons, my rooster is half lavendar orpinton and half something else...whoops!
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love all the different personalities of the chickens, and it's an overall rewarding experience of raising them and having your own eggs. It's a great feeling to know that I haven't paid for eggs in almost 2 years!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I am a 4H advisor and spend a lot of time with my 4H club. I also love doing things around the yard, sewing, crafting, and am a give it a good try DIYer!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I live next door to my dad and he helps me a lot with the chickens. I am the mom of 2 beagles who are always getting into the chicken run/coop (getting into trouble!!)
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

A simple google search brought me here (many times)!

Back
Top Bottom