Trust incubator or X sense?

Sweden chick

Hatching
Apr 21, 2024
Hi! I'm in Sweden trying to set up a small breeding stock of JG and Brahma chickens. This means i have to import eggs ( that are in transport for at least 6 days).
I'm a newby at incubating...but have had JG for a long time, could not imprt them from Netherlands so this is why i have to rely on shipped eggs unfortunately. I jave 3 sailnovo incubators for 36 chicken eggs.
First try was 30 eggs, 3 chicks ( eggtopsyd an could have been lot more - but had turner on) now 30 eggs , rested 24 hours and in cartons, not touching them for 7 days. But the temp and humidity seems way of if I look at the X sense readings that i have implemented today. Would like 35% humidity (i have set it to this level)but incubator says it is in the 60's, X Sense says more like 50.....
Who do i trust? And is the X sense temp correct? Because that says temp is higher than incubator says...

Any help appreciated!!

Hi! I'm in Sweden trying to set up a small breeding stock of JG and Brahma chickens. This means i have to import eggs ( that are in transport for at least 6 days).
I'm a newby at incubating...but have had JG for a long time, could not imprt them from Netherlands so this is why i have to rely on shipped eggs unfortunately. I jave 3 sailnovo incubators for 36 chicken eggs.
First try was 30 eggs, 3 chicks ( eggtopsyd an could have been lot more - but had turner on) now 30 eggs , rested 24 hours and in cartons, not touching them for 7 days. But the temp and humidity seems way of if I look at the X sense readings that i have implemented today. Would like 35% humidity (i have set it to this level)but incubator says it is in the 60's, X Sense says more like 50.....
Who do i trust? And is the X sense temp correct? Because that says temp is higher than incubator says...

Any help appreciated!!
Is the separate hygrometer salt tested?

theyre actually probably both correct and conditions vary from spot to spot in the incubator .. id trust a gauge that is at egg level, and move it around, middle to sides, to get an average more than an absolute ..

Back
Top Bottom