So thank you so much for your reply and let me see if I can get some answers here to these questions Are you able to see the pictures that I posted of the hen? She is just two years old. Her crop is emptying at night. She is eating and drinking water does not appear to be lethargic. She is able to roost so her balance is good. I do have two or three hands that seem to be congested. They’re breathing through their mouths. I noticed that earlier this week and started with oregano oil in the water, and putting some cinnamon on their food. She, this particular hen isn’t having that breathing problem though she’s breathing fine.
Please stop with the oregano oil and the cinnamon. They're not going to help your hens.
Go to the farm store and get a bottle of Tylan50. You will also need a needle and syringe to draw it out of the bottle. I would dose each hen twice daily at a rate of 0.9 ml per 5# bird ORALLY. I simply squirt the medication into a piece of bread and feed the bread to the bird.
You will want to take each bird separately into a space where there are no other chickens to give them their medicine because you have a very high risk another birds will steal the bread and get overdosed.
The easiest thing to do is to go out before they've come off the roost and dose everybody and then do it again at night after they've gone to roost. You need to treat them for 5 to 7 days.
If the hen in the pictures has pus in the eye you're going to have to express it out. You'll want to pull her eyelid down and inspect the eye.

Please stop with the oregano oil and the cinnamon. They're not going to help your hens.
Go to the farm store and get a bottle of Tylan50. You will also need a needle and syringe to draw it out of the bottle. I would dose each hen twice daily at a rate of 0.9 ml per 5# bird ORALLY. I simply squirt the medication into a piece of bread and feed the bread to the bird.
You will want to take each bird separately into a space where there are no other chickens to give them their medicine because you have a very high risk another birds will steal the bread and get overdosed.
The easiest thing to do is to go out before they've come off the roost and dose everybody and then do it again at night after they've gone to roost. You need to treat them for 5 to 7 days.
If the hen in the pictures has pus in the eye you're going to have to express it out. You'll want to pull her eyelid down and inspect the eye.
Thank you so much! My hen with the eye problem dode not have anything coming out of the eye. I will try to pull down the lid to see what is underneath

I had read online that oregano and cinnamon is supposed to be good for upper respiratory issues with hens so that’s why I started that but I will discontinue that and I will absolutely get the medication. The head with the eye issue doesn’t seem to have that raspiness when breathing should I give her the medicine to all that help with her eye?

I had read online that oregano and cinnamon is supposed to be good for upper respiratory issues with hens so that’s why I started that but I will discontinue that and I will absolutely get the medication. The head with the eye issue doesn’t seem to have that raspiness when breathing should I give her the medicine to all that help with her eye?
If the others are showing signs of respiratory distress she's been exposed. Yes I would start her on the medication.

Back
Top Bottom