Hi all. I'm a new member. I have 10 chickens and 3 roosters. The roosters were supposed to be chickens but somebody sexed them incorrectly. Dudley is my dominant rooster and he's a fiesty one. I'm finally getting eggs like crazy. I can't use them all so I give them to family members and friends. I have 3 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Black Marrans, 4 black and white speckled, and 3 buffs. I think I need a bigger coop! These birds are huge. I feed organic grain with oyster shell grit, give them meal worms and flock party treats along with veggies when I clean out my fridge every week. I'm a retired nurse, a widow with a 25 years old daughter who is differently abled. I also have a German Shepherd who is my daughter's service dog and a Yorkieshon. I have try having a garden in the spring but last year it failed miserably for the first time in my life. Hopefully this year things will be back to normal with the garden. Thanks for having me.
Welcome. Enjoy your roosters - they are my favorite.

Hi all. I'm a new member. I have 10 chickens and 3 roosters. The roosters were supposed to be chickens but somebody sexed them incorrectly. Dudley is my dominant rooster and he's a fiesty one. I'm finally getting eggs like crazy. I can't use them all so I give them to family members and friends. I have 3 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Black Marrans, 4 black and white speckled, and 3 buffs. I think I need a bigger coop! These birds are huge. I feed organic grain with oyster shell grit, give them meal worms and flock party treats along with veggies when I clean out my fridge every week. I'm a retired nurse, a widow with a 25 years old daughter who is differently abled. I also have a German Shepherd who is my daughter's service dog and a Yorkieshon. I have try having a garden in the spring but last year it failed miserably for the first time in my life. Hopefully this year things will be back to normal with the garden. Thanks for having me.
Welcome to BYC! So glad you are here! :frow

Back
Top Bottom