Pamlicobuttnugget

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2024
Hiya! I am a new member here.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No, we have been raising chickens, ducks and quail for a while. I have had birds for most of my life, but now have started a small farm.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We don't have to many-. We have 25 chickens, 20 ducks and 35 quail. These are just adults. We hatch out chicks all the time.

(3) What breeds do you have?

We have Bluebell, Brahma, Cochin, Houdan, Marans, Olive Egger, Orpington, Polish, Seabright, Silkie and Spitzhauben chickens. ((About to get Serma chickens)), Cayuga Ducks ((About to get Call ducks)) and Coturnix Quail.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love chickens in general. From just watching them and interacting to them. From collecting eggs to eat or hatch.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I love crafting! I am a soap maker and into lasering and 3D printing.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We are a small family. My mother and two of my siblings live with me. We have many pets. 1 German Shephard, 3 cats, 1 ferret, 1 Chinchilla, 1 bearded dragon and our birds of course.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have came across BYC while searching for answers about our birds. I wanted to join because many people had amazing advice. I read several good forums. I am hoping to connect with others, give and take advice.

Back
Top Bottom