Welcome, from the Catskills.
frow.gif
I am from Texas, living in NY. I got shipping crates from a company that closed in Montgomery and have turned one into a coop,and am working on the other.
smile.png
Small world.

Quote:
Nice, I'm actually living in Montgomery, Ny and working out at Stewart ANGB! It's beautiful up here but I miss the "mother land" and can't wait to get back to Texas.

I'm thinking about picking up some Barred Rock chickens, I have tracked down some pullets and a cockerel. Now we are new to raising chickens and I need to clarify: pullets=young hens and cockerel=young roster?

"I'm thinking about picking up some Barred Rock chickens, I have tracked down some pullets and a cockerel. Now we are new to raising chickens and I need to clarify: pullets=young hens and cockerel=young roster?"

You got it.

Good luck. I have been keeping chickens just a year, and found lots of good info on this site.

I am still hoping to move back South, anywhere south of all this snow, lol.

Well Barred Rock pullets fell threw.... We really want Barred Rocks and found a place in NJ that has some chicks for sale, so looks like tomorrow we will be driving down to NJ and picking up some. We are looking to end up with 5 hens and 1 rooster, they said they have never had any issues sexing the chicks and if we end up with an extra rooster they will swap him out. All goes well we will have egg laying hens by the end of June.

Back
Top Bottom