BamaChef

Hatching
6 Years
May 21, 2013
Hello I am a new member and I look forward to being apart of this group. Does anyone know where I can get a silky as a baby. My wife wants one thank you.

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to BYC!!!
frow.gif
Glad to have you aboard!!
highfive.gif

Greetings from Kansas, BamaChef, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! You might be able to find someone to help you out by going tonyour state's (Alabama, I assume?) thread and posting there. There are hatcheries and breeders but finding a single chick might be difficult going that route. Also, are there other chickens you have/will have? I only ask because chickens don't do as well singly and need a playmate(s). Good luck to you!!

Here's the link to find your state:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

welcome-byc.gif
maybe you can find someone locally that has silkies. Silkies do not usually roost like other chickens, their "silkie" wing feathers aren't conducive to flying. They tend to pile up on the floor with other silkies. They especially need a buddy unless you are making one a housepet. Since their beards and crests obscure their vision, they are easily picked off by predators or bullied by other breeds.

They are usually docile and beautiful and do well if you take the above into your consideration.

Back
Top Bottom