jadasmom

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 12, 2013
Hi everyone!

I have 4 RIR chickens, I bought them from someone on craigslist (locally to me) last September. They came to me with most of their feathers missing & full of bugs, but now they look great & are pest free. :) I was told when I bought them that they were about a year old, they were laying about 1 egg each every day, but the last few months, they've slowed down quite a bit. They seem pretty healthy, they eat most everything I give them, their steady diet is organic laying pellets, & I give them fresh veggies & fruit as extra.

I've been reading the forum for over a year now, I thought it's probably time to actually sign up & ask some questions. :)

We live in San Diego, Southern California, & this is my first experience with chickens. I enjoy them, their eggs are great, they've gotten rid of all the bugs in the yard & their poop makes great compost material.

Thanks for reading!

welcome-byc.gif

Hi and :welcome

Your chickens sound great. That's fantastic that they're healthy now!
They're probably not laying as much because the days get shorter towards winter.

Enjoy the site :D

welcome-byc.gif
would love to see before and after pictures of them. Craig's list person should have been ashamed to let them get that way.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I'm glad to hear your chickens ended up with such a good, caring owner.

Back
Top Bottom