Georgia peach

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 24, 2014
Hello
I am new to BYC but have read a lot of good info here! I am also new to raising chickens so I have a lot to learn. I am a homemaker with the best husband in the world, two grown children, one beautiful granddaughter, one dog and chickens! We have 11 chickens with 4 of them being rescued from a family member's tenant who abandoned them. Three of them were bought from TSC about a month ago. We thought we were buying leghorns and as of last night we now think they are Cornish Cross meat birds! I just wanted to cry! Lol! I need to post pix in correct forum to find out what breeds you all think we have! Cause like I said we have much to learn! I love BYC already!

Hello! Always makes me happy to hear when people rescue! I am still not sure how to do everything... So do not worry about it!
:welcome

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

Glad you could join us!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Posted pix in the "what breed" section! All info, comments, and opinions welcome!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry it looks like you wound up with Cornish X, hate when TSC does that. Hope the rest of your birds and chicks are fine, nice of you to rescue the abandoned birds, bet they are glad to have a caring home.

Thanks! Yeah TSC is on my bad side right now! Husband called them and they have offered to replace with red something's(husband couldn't remember breed) that are good layers but I don't know if I trust them anymore!

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

Back
Top Bottom