twinmama09

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 26, 2014
Stevensville, MD
Hi, I'm mostly new to chickens. We had four chickens a year and a half ago and a fox got two of them and took the tail feathers of another one. At that time I didn't feel like I could keep my last two safe so I had to give them to a friend. Now we have a completely enclosed coup and run for chickens and are ready to get at least 3 chickens, but can't seem to find anyone local to get them from. I'm looking forward to starting this adventure and sharing in it with my kids.

Hi and welcome to BYC! Are you wanting to start with chicks or started or grown birds? Are there particular breeds you want or wish to avoid? Knowing what you are looking for may help in suggestions on sourcing your new birds.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Have a look around the Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade for chickens for sale. Once you have a post count of 20 or more the system will allow you to place a "wanted" add, if you haven't found anything yet. Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for!

Thanks! I'm thinking of easter eggers, rhode island red and barred rock. I'm not set up for chicks so I'd like them at least a few months old, where they can be put into an outdoor coupe.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

Sorry about your first flock. But I am glad you got right back on the horse...I mean chicken, LOL, and are interested in keeping a new flock!

You might also try your state thread and chat with your chicken neighbors. I am sure someone in your area can get you started with a flock...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Good luck and keep us posted! We will all be pulling for you to get your new birds! :)

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

Sorry about your first flock. But I am glad you got right back on the horse...I mean chicken, LOL, and are interested in keeping a new flock!

You might also try your state thread and chat with your chicken neighbors. I am sure someone in your area can get you started with a flock...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Good luck and keep us posted! We will all be pulling for you to get your new birds! :)

Hi there, good luck finding your new chickens!! My run is enclosed too, lots of predators in Florida, I have 4 and the size of the run works for that

Back
Top Bottom