thumper362

Songster
5 Years
Sep 16, 2014
Coweta County GA
Hello Everyone

My name is Laura, back on the 1st of July we brought home our first small flock of 6 3 day old chicks. Of those we lost one but I was told that sometimes that happens, either way I cried like i had just lost my best friend(silly I know). It didn't take long to replace the chick to get out flock back up to 6. Other then that so far so good, we have decided to feed an all organic diet, choosing Countryside organic feed (if someone could recommend something different I am all ears).

I want to thank everyone in advance for all of the amazingly good advice I got by reading through the BYC forum, we found great ideas for the building of our coop. I guess the most important thing that I found out was 1/2 Inch hardware cloth was the way to go. Around our house there is a ton of wildlife including a family of hawks that have nested in the tree directly over our coop, so protecting our girls is high on the priority list.

Our flock consist of :
Blue Marans Hen-we call her BG(big girl) she was the biggest when we first got them
Easter Egger?- Ms. Cleo
Barred Rock- Felony
Unknown Breed-Mouth
Blue Showgirl Silkie- Peeps
White Silkie- Yetti

I will post Pics ASAP

Last edited:
Love the names!! Especially Felony!
lau.gif
We have 2 barred rock hens & love them! We have many more too. Chickens are additive.

welcome-byc.gif

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

It is ok to cry when you lose them. As old as I am, I shouldn't cry, but I do. Sad to lose them.

But it sounds like you have a nice flock! So glad BYC could be of help to you.

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC, Laura. Sorry for the loss of your chick. I've usually lost one or two chicks in shipping and it's sad even though I never actually saw them alive. You have a nice mixed flock. Our Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorites. She loves their colored eggs. I'll look forward to seeing your pics. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I'm sorry for your loss! Good luck with the rest of your beautiful flock!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I'm sorry about the loss of your chick.
hugs.gif
It is very hard to lose one.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! We're all here to help.

Back
Top Bottom