badelgold

In the Brooder
May 9, 2015
Thank you for this fantastic resource of information. I have had to take a crash course on turkey egg incubation. It has only been one week, and I have learned much about turkeys. Turkey mother was killed, 11 eggs to try to incubate. I have them in my laundry sink with a work light set at the right height to provide 100f temp on the top of the egg. Using my meat thermometer resting on top. I am not sure how far along they were, but with candling, and your charts, it looks like 15 to 20 days. I have charted the 11. 6 look certainly viable. 4 are questionable. 1 is not viable. My concern is when to stop turning them if I don't know exactly how far along they are. Is it safe to do the water flotation test at this point to determine? Thank you again.. Lisa

Hi :welcome Lisa

Glad you could join the flock! Sorry to hear your turkey mother was killed :hugs I'm afraid I've never incubated Turkey eggs before so can't be of much help to you. But please do drop by the turkey section of the forum for help with your question. Here is the link > https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/20/turkeys
I do know though that you are able to do the float test on eggs as long as you know for sure that there is no internal or external pip.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your turkey eggs. Enjoy BYC :frow

Hello Lisa!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. So sorry for your loss. :hugs

Thank you. I re-posted in the turkey forum. Trying not to get too excited that they could survive.. but still trying to prepare if they do. Lisa

Personally I can say, there is life before chickens and life after chickens. My chickens make my life fuller and more rewarding. On a bad day, I'll just go out and sit and watch my girl. They act goofy and get me to laugh. I really didn't know how much a part of my life they'd become. But now, I can't imagine my life without them in it. If that makes any sense. :gig

I have my fingers crossed for you. :fl

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom