New Members in Waco, Texas!..and yes, my wife LOVES shiplap and no, she has not met Joanna.

Good morning y'all, after months of using your site to reference a few things about some breeds I do not have any personal previous knowledge of, I decided I should probably just join and join in on some of y'alls discussion.

My wife, Sarah, and I live outside of Waco, Tx, and are both in our 20's. She works in supply chain management and I am in hotel management. I'm originally from northcentral Pennsylvania (Wellsboro) and she's from Bakersfield, CA.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? - I am not new to chickens, but Sarah is. We always had a dozen or so growing up, but this is Sarah's first experience with eggs. She is much more into specific breeds and egg laying, whereas as long as they taste good, I'm happy. I have been told these birds are "pets" and not eventual food? Hmm 🤔

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? - We are currently at 16, of which 14 (possibly 13) are hens and a couple cockerels.

(3) What breeds do you have? - Olive Egger, Easter Egger, Plymouth Rock, Production Red, Rhode Island Red, BCM, White Leghorn are definites. We have some pullets and a cockerel that we aren't sure about and would like to get y'alls input on them. We think they are BCM and Barnevelder mixes (they were sold to us as day-old black australorps) and a couple possible Red Stars.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? - Watching my wife beam when they come up to her and she can pick them up and carry them around.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? - Jeeps and guns; Remodeling houses; Building engines and suspension systems

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share - My wife, Sarah, is 24 and a Baylor Grad from Bakersfield, CA. I'm 29 and went to a small school, Cabrini College, outside of Philly. We have 2 German Shepherds, Jax (7 year old male) and Ruby (2 year old female), and 2 cats, Molly and Sophie. We were originally supposed to get married April 25th, but thanks to COVID we pushed the date to 11.7.20.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? - Internet searches, tbh.
I love that you love shiplap and have never met Joanna! That doesn’t cause you to lose or gain any points in my book. However, Welcome to BYC! Hope you do well with your flock and they do well with you!

I love that you love shiplap and have never met Joanna! That doesn’t cause you to lose or gain any points in my book. However, Welcome to BYC! Hope you do well with your flock and they do well with you!

hahaha well, Sarah had to have accent walls in the new house 😂

I've met Chip a few times, he's never been anything other than nice and accomodating!

Back
Top Bottom