1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New mixer

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by KenK, Sep 30, 2011.

1. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    Just bought this new Bosch mixer. Wish me luck because I'm going to be very sad if it doesn't work like I hope it does. If anybody owns one, would appreciate any tips.

[​IMG]

2. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    Just looked it up online......WOW...... I want one! Did ypu get the blender with it? There are so many other parts to go with it, you could spend a lifetime collecting all of them.

3. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    what in the....it looks so....weird, sorry i am a chef and been using HObart for YEARS(same makes of kitchenaid), and i also have a kitchenaid profession 600 series at my house, never seen anything looking like that before

i'll have to check it out lol

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    That looks very interesting.

Finally, it occurred to someone that the motor could go on the bottom, so the cook can see what is happening and get in there to add ingredients and to scrape the bowl.

5. KenK

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    Bosch has been making this style mixer for at least decades. Not sure exactly how long.

Made my first batch of dough in it this morning. A frequent complaint about this machine is that it does not handle small batches very well. My dough this morning had 1 pound 5 ounces of flour and it did ok. I guess.

Going to make french bread in the morning with 30 or 36 ounces of flour and see how that goes. I think my wife is going to try mixing some pumpkin bread batter in it tomorrow also.

At this point I will say that I am "less than delighted" but not seriously unhappy.

6. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Never saw that one, but all the other Bosch appliances I have used were small use/ overpriced. Good luck with it.

7. KenK

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    Made a three pound batch of French bread dough today. Definitely getting better gluten development that I have been with hand kneading.

Made five small and two large Batards.

[​IMG]

8. azmotogirl

azmotogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Looks YUMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!!

9. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Looks good so far. You may want to run several weeks of tests on different batches of breads, cake batter, ect and then post the results on your likes and dislike for each type of batter or dough. I still love my kitchenaid mixer, too new to replace... but I like hearing feedback on products from people who do a WIDE variety of things like me.

I also see 'good' feedback from people who make like... 1 cake each 6 months, or do little batches of brownie mix and stuff. I want to know a product is going to take a daily beating, especially with how much I do to the product each day.

I use my food processor for biscotti dough... I'm telling you, I can easily use it to do 10 batches a day or more for weeks on end during the holidays. I need to know for $200 it wasn't going to die on me!!! (And still be able to puree pumpkin pulp or make a milk shake on a whim!)

Good post Ken!!!

10. bigmike&nan

bigmike&nan Chillin' With My Peeps

I've seen different tv chef types using something along these lines over the years. I bought into the KitchenAid system as it was the type of mixer we had in school, I sure love it.
    I need to buy a Cuisinart so I can make good pie dough - using the pulse setting and that plastic blade it seems to make the most amazing pie dough in no time. I see my favorite tv chef Lidia Bastianich using one for that a lot.
    The KitchenAid with it's pasta roller attachments is the bomb for me. I'm off in a whole other world of discovery. Now you got me jonesing for baguettes. Since it is a cool day I think that's a great idea actually. LOL

Keep us posted.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by