New Muscovy's Arrived Today

Did you salt test calibrate this humidity gauge?

60 seems high.

I didn't, I wet towelled it and it was off by 8°, my property is basically mostly marshie wetlands so the humidity is always high in summer months. Im pretty confident I won't get anything out of this run more for practice the eggs I ordered looked scrambled and all had detached air sac's. I swear they shook the $h!t out of them.

I didn't, I wet towelled it and it was off by 8°, my property is basically mostly marshie wetlands so the humidity is always high in summer months. Im pretty confident I won't get anything out of this run more for practice the eggs I ordered looked scrambled and all had detached air sac's. I swear they shook the $h!t out of them.
I'm sorry. Better luck next time but you really might look into lowering your humidity level. I bet that makes a huge difference for you.

We'll never say never day 6and it looks like I might get 4-5 baby's try to make it after all. humidity was 40-50's my back up meter came in and I figured out why I wasn't getting a proper reading on the first one user error. Temp held well so far maybe 1° variance.

Attachments

• IMG_20180827_224802.jpg
    IMG_20180827_224802.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20180827_224728.jpg
    IMG_20180827_224728.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20180827_224644.jpg
    IMG_20180827_224644.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20180827_224737.jpg
    IMG_20180827_224737.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 3
Store them on a tilt - 45 degree angle... like stick a cookbook under the side - then move it to the other side a couple times a day if you can. You want to keep the yolk centered. Also, make sure the eggs are pointy side down in the carton. You want them kinda room temperature... not too hot and not too cold (definitely not in the fridge). Think about a hen and how they lay an egg a day (and then leave the nest) until they have a good clutch under them... it's at this point that they start to sit steadily on their eggs. So really, waiting is just fine, it's what the hens do anyway. :)

I tripped across this post while looking for scovy eggs. I had thought about buying some eggs from that same seller. Keep us updated. Ive given away so many birds over the years and when I need eggs no one ever has any to sell me. It perplexed me.

Seller was quick to respond to my emails and suggested I make a ups claim and offered me a deal for more when I thought I wasn't going to get anything out of these. So far I can say I would recommend them. Seeing as this is my first time hatching if I get 3 babi scovy's I would definitely recommend them got 20 more days for that.

Seller was quick to respond to my emails and suggested I make a ups claim and offered me a deal for more when I thought I wasn't going to get anything out of these. So far I can say I would recommend them. Seeing as this is my first time hatching if I get 3 babi scovy's I would definitely recommend them got 20 more days for that.
Make a UPS claim for what?

Back
Top Bottom