New Muskovy”s

Thunderduck9

Songster
Dec 2, 2017
N.E. PA
Well I figured i would give Muskovy”s a try I have Kaki.pekin,and mix. just wondering anything special about Muscovy i need to know besides they fly my Kaki fly so I’m used to that. 7F59E260-EC89-4EEB-89C5-569E52832DBA.jpeg F5A31EE8-46B1-4CC7-8B0B-083EC6E3C929.jpeg

AAAhhh! :eek: THAT BLUE!

The others are adorable too, of course! :) Looks like you'll have yourself a wonderfully varied little flock. :)

They won't swim as much as your other ducks, mine mostly just just jump in, wash up, and be done with it. And enjoy their sweet little peeps while you can! You'll be surprised at how quiet they are when they mature.

Keep us posted with pictures! I love watching ducklings grow into their adult feathering! And congrats on joining the Scovy Clan!

Muscovy are great ducks. Mine meet me at my gate, spend hours standing at my patio doors looking for me and get very excited when they catch sight of me. One is very cuddly, the other doesn't like being touched, but both love hanging out with me when I go and sit on the back steps. My muscovy are more intelligent than my pekins -- which are all sweet boys but air heads. One muscovy loves to take very splashy baths. The other wont go into water and has to be hosed down when his smell gets too ripe, the little stinker. Did I mention that muscovy are really nosy? They need to know what is going on in my house and what I am doing when I am working in the garden.

You will find your muscovy really rewarding

Last edited:
Oh yes, the 'having to know everything you're doing' thing! LOL! I sometimes can't get out of the house for all the Muscovy crowded at the door. And if I'm not careful, they will come inside! They've even learned to tap at the door with their bills...

I agree with Ruth, they are so dang smart. Too smart for their own goods, sometimes. My males seem to be friendlier than my females, but that may just be mine.

Oh yes, the 'having to know everything you're doing' thing! LOL! I sometimes can't get out of the house for all the Muscovy crowded at the door. And if I'm not careful, they will come inside! They've even learned to tap at the door with their bills...

I agree with Ruth, they are so dang smart. Too smart for their own goods, sometimes. My males seem to be friendlier than my females, but that may just be mine.
Mine tap on the patio doors.

Daffy, my original hand raised rescued muscovy gets in any chance he gets. I sometimes bring ducks in briefly when I am on skype calls with family and friends. The pekins to a duck can be put down on the floor and immediately take themselves back out side. Daffy likes to peck the keys on my laptop -- fascinated by the 4 microsoft squares in the bottom left -- and when he is put down starts walking towards the door. But at the last moment, instead of going outside he wheels to the left and tries to go and hide in my bedroom. Cheeky monkey!!! O Pato my other rescued muscovy drake doesn't like to be touched and so cannot come and join in family skype conferences! He's the nosiest of them all and so is missing out!!

Back
Top Bottom