New New New...In Maryland

carrieahoff

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
Good evening everyone....Just a little hello from Maryland. We are SO new we have no chicks or hens yet! We are preparing however...my wonderful husband is feverishly working on the coop and has been a real "trooper" about all of it! Last year we planted an orchard and started keeping honeybees! They became my biggest OBSESSION! I love those dear girls!! One hive last year...adding 2 more this year! We have discussed chickens on and off...and decided to take the plunge this year. I am not gonna lie I am a little (alot) nervous...but I suppose it cannot be any more difficult then playing with 40,000 bees...RIGHT?
big_smile.png
Just as I did with the bees...I pretty much spend all of my free time reading about chickens, searching the internet....and listening to EVERY available podcast! I am already attached to the chickens....and we dont even have them yet!! Look forward to reading the forums...we spent quite a bit of time looking at coops on BYC and were able to pick and choose what we wanted! Already a huge help! Glad to have others with the same interest....since so many give us the "crooked" eye when we tell them our latest and greatest adventure! The Birds and The Bees in Maryland!

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC!!!!! :) you will soon find this site so addictive. Hope the coop building goes well, there are many threads to answer any questions you have. Have you thought of what kind of chicks you want?

Still researching what kind of chicks we want. I would like a variety of hens...and probably around 4-6 to start. We are interested in laying hens/pets! We are always open to suggestions and the best place to get the chicks!

Back
Top Bottom