New on all counts

Kris64

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 8, 2014
Black Mountain, NC
My husband and I bought a house a couple of months ago and have been working on it every day since. As the inside gets in more livable shape, I'm turning my eye to the outdoors. There is a large garden (~30' x 40') that I plan on splitting in half: chickens on one half and garden on the other.

I've wanted chickens for a long time, but wasn't allowed to have them in my last house. Over the past year Backyard Chicken has been a fun resource to learn bits-and-pieces.

Now I have a question regarding my idea to split the garden with chickens and will post it once I figure out where best that question will go.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us! Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

The Learning Center has lots of excellent information: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Yes, definitely check out the Learning Center!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!!

Good luck with all your chicken plans and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have a breed preference?

Welcome , I am guessing you plan to separate the chickens from your garden area. Otherwise the chickens will devour the good stuff and you'll just get the scraps.

Chickens are great in the garden area before planting, as they will really turn the soil over and make "deposits" as they go. They are also great at the end of the season to clean up the garden site. They do love ripe veggies/fruit.

Back
Top Bottom