New on here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lisa Chicks, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Lisa Chicks

Lisa Chicks New Egg

Oct 24, 2016
    Nebraska
    [​IMG][​IMG]We unexpectedly ended up with a little chick back in May. We had no idea how to take care of her, what to do with her, or if she would even live. We did the best we could taking care of her as we thought a baby should be taken care of. We held her and cuddled her every single day. As we move forward to now, we have gotten advice from local farmers and have done research. Apparently, we have spoiled this chicken to ends previously unknown. She absolutely thinks she's a person. She likes to lay on her back in people's laps, have her toes painted, play with things and eat everything in sight. She always wants to come inside the house and will [​IMG]come up the deck steps and knock on the back door. So we got her friend a few days ago. She gets extremely jealous if we pick up the new chicken. She throws tantrums if she Witnesses this. After a few days now she seems to be better about her new friend but keeps her at a wings length...lol never saw myself owning a chicken, never mind two!! It's been a good experience. That's our story!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Lisa Chicks, and [​IMG]! Great to have you in our community! You are right - that's one spoiled chicken! Glad you got her a playmate, though. Chickens do better with company! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

3. Athaid

Athaid Chillin' With My Peeps

It's very nice to meet you, Lisa. Welcome to BYC :)

4. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi, Lisa, and welcome to Backyard Chickens! Wow, you sure know how to spoil a chicken! I hope you enjoy BYC as much as I have!

5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] You might want a different color polish for her nails, seeing "red," usually causes other chickens to peck or attack

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Love the nails!

8. Lisa Chicks

Lisa Chicks New Egg

Oct 24, 2016
    Nebraska
    Glad to be on here! Looking forward to good tips and ideas!

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by