New Opportunities for Gamefowl

Little markers on the spurs would be cool... with a target point system on the dummy. head shots 10pts, center of body and neck 7pts, peripherials, like wings and legs 5pt... or something like that.

As far as the sensors go I would imagine around 50g would be the max. I heard professional boxers hit at 50g. But g forces arent actually forces, its a measure of acceleration. To get an actual force youd need the weight of the rooster (or maybe the dummy) and multiply it by the acceleration. I dont know if you could just use acceleration or if force is more important.

I still to need think about this a little more, and I am going to talk with the testing engineers. I dont actually do any testing, just design.

hahah I like it!
thumbsup.gif

I've thought about this a lot... I have always wanted to show off the abilities of my fowl but no humane competition exists other than showing (which is mostly cosmetic). I have been thinking of a way to exercise my fowl with a treadmill like contraption. And I think this idea could be used for competition. Imagine two opposing treadmills with a fence or glass separating two running roosters. The roosters would be so eager to run towards eachother they would keep running. The rooster who possesses a higher degree of gameness and stamina would last the longest, therefore winning the competition. I figured this could take a long time so I think adding incline to the treadmills or possible little built in hurdles to jump over would decrease the time it takes for a rooster to fall off or give up. Obviously the whole thing would have to be inclosed in a cage to avoid them from going around... Quick drawing showing the concept. This is only one idea which doenst address other abilities, like flying or strength.
Mr. S.P. INVENTED THIS
here is an other idea i saw. Not mine but very neat!!. Hen goes on top on lil teather. And rooster just runs the turning barrel. And if you put another barrel on the other side. 'Then both rooster can run to the hen '

Last edited:
Mr. S.P. INVENTED THIS

here is an other idea i saw. Not mine but very neat!!. Hen goes on top on lil teather. And rooster just runs the turning barrel. And if you put another barrel on the other side. 'Then both rooster can run to the hen '
Thank you for sharing this. I have never seen this contraption, but it looks well built and fine tuned to work. Looks like that blue weighted bucket adds tension to the barrel via friction on the rope.

His post says he adds water to pail or wt. I forget. But to add tension so the barrel dont spin to fast on the rooster. Rope goes threw a short lenght 2' section of garden hose over barrel. To do this.

His post says he adds water to pail or wt. I forget. But to add tension so the barrel dont spin to fast on the rooster. Rope goes threw a short lenght 2' section of garden hose over barrel. To do this.
Nice. didnt see the hose but I can assume it has more friction than rope alone.

so are you planning on making one of your own? or something similar?

Not done yet... but one step closer to adjustable high fly perch. Right now, it can adjust from 7' up to 13' (might reduce depending on how roosters do in tests).

Quick assemble and disassemble.

I am going to add wood to the perch
Also want to add tie cord to the perch.
and maybe some rigging cables or gussets to stiffen the whole thing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom