New Orp(what color?), Ameraucana, Barred Rock Babies! (PICS)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Ok, need input, Julie in AL!!! Is this a very, very light blue or a splash? I've hatched splashes and this baby seems pretty close to what I remember. If not, it's lighter blue than the last one. Look at that sweetie! I put my hand on the brooder floor, it scooched over and lay in my palm! How adorable is that?!
DCP_8538.jpg

DCP_8540.jpg

DCP_8532.jpg

DCP_8533.jpg

DCP_8534.jpg

Here is Silver's baby (Ameraucana), then Charlotte's baby, not dry enough to tell if they're blue or black, but I think Silver's is blue and Charlotte's is black:
DCP_8537Amerau.jpg

DCP_8539.jpg

The Barred Rock over on the right:
DCP_8536.jpg

ok that pic of the baby sleeping in your hand is about the cuties thing I have ever seen !!

I hope they are pullets.
and wow what very cool colors.

Julie

ok seeing all these baby pics I really need to get up the nerve to make my own bator !

Corey, the first splash I hatched I immediately thought was blue, then as it dried, it got more and more silvery, then almost lavendery-white. It was wild watching the color evolve. This reminds me of that, but I've had two splashes total and this is lighter than any other blue, even the last one, who is now four weeks old, so I'm hoping Julie or someone who hatches splashes more than I do will verify it for me. Velvet had lots of white around her eyes when she hatched and so did that light blue cockerel I have. This one has even more, which is another reason I'm wondering about the color.

Back
Top Bottom