New Owner of 11 beautiful hens

Ii am so sorry about that. Will make sure to use more professional language moving forward. Thank you so much for kind words. I will change that design a bit. They seem to be too close so the accidents and anger happen. I am hoping to inspect the bald vent hen tonight and post update here.

Thank you so much everyone!!!!
Thanks for keeping us posted. Hope the adjustments to the roosts resolve the problems!

Hello again everyone. I was able to get the hen, somewhat inspected her, washed her pretty good by the vent where all spurs were and put her for tonight in a bin with some dry towels in there. It is 68 in the house, so it feels better than the coop tonight i am sure. I am planning to add hydrometer and thermometer that i can check remotely to the coop and at least get an idea what they go through.

With that hen that i inspected tonight that has bald vent area. She has some baldness as is seen in pictures i attached. Are those dots new feathers? Is she molting and poof affected her fluffy area?

Thank you so much everyone for your support with my ladies. I think they are learning my voice too and are friendlier...such an amazing flock...never imagined i would get such a treat with the house and enjoy learning so much!

Attachments

• IMG_20211022_234733.jpg
    IMG_20211022_234733.jpg
    622.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20211022_234634.jpg
    IMG_20211022_234634.jpg
    623.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20211022_234628.jpg
    IMG_20211022_234628.jpg
    561.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20211021_155017.jpg
    IMG_20211021_155017.jpg
    961.5 KB · Views: 3
Hello again everyone. I was able to get the hen, somewhat inspected her, washed her pretty good by the vent where all spurs were and put her for tonight in a bin with some dry towels in there. It is 68 in the house, so it feels better than the coop tonight i am sure. I am planning to add hydrometer and thermometer that i can check remotely to the coop and at least get an idea what they go through.

With that hen that i inspected tonight that has bald vent area. She has some baldness as is seen in pictures i attached. Are those dots new feathers? Is she molting and poof affected her fluffy area?

Thank you so much everyone for your support with my ladies. I think they are learning my voice too and are friendlier...such an amazing flock...never imagined i would get such a treat with the house and enjoy learning so much!
She doesn't look like her molt has started yet. Her feathers are just beat up.

I wonder if she had a case of vent gleet or bad diarrhea that damaged the fluff feathers.
Try to get a fecal sample to your vet for a float. The flock may need to be de-wormed.

You might also want to consider fermenting about 1/2 their daily feed to help improve gut health. Or look into a good chicken probiotic supplement to add to their diet.

Back
Top Bottom