New peafowl owner

LittleRedShed

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
I am so excited to join the world of peafowl ownership. I've done some research but would like to gather more information on raising my peacock - Oscar...

Is he okay to be the only peafowl in the flock?
Is chicken feed an appropriate diet? Fruits? Veggies?
He seems protective over our chicks and guineas. He is a one year old.
Is he still young enough to work with? I want to be able to let them free range during the day.
Thanks in advance for the advice!

Last edited:
We also have guineas and chickens - Barred Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, Rhode Island Reds, Black Australorps, Black Jersey Giants (I think we still have one) and Cornish Rocks!

Last edited:
I don't know much about peacocks but, I imagine he will be after your hens if he doesn't have any females of his own kind.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Very beautiful bird! I don't know anything about these birds other than how pretty they are and love the calls! Definitely check out the link provided to the Pea Fowl section for more help with this gorgeous bird! Welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock. I wish you luck, I don't have any peafowl.

Back
Top Bottom