New peahen arriving soon

ULTRApeacock

Hatching
Oct 6, 2020
Good afternoon. We are planning for a new peahen arrival next week. We currently manage 2 adult males, 1 adult female and 1 4 month old female.
We are asking for any advice on introducing a new peahen to the flock. Any concerns? Anythjng to make her or the others feel more comfortable?
Thank you for your help.🦚🦚

Introducing any birds is pretty much the same. Have an area in or beside the other pen of birds, so they can see each other without harming each other. I separate them for 10 days myself. I have a lot of hiding places in my peafowl enclosure, so they can hide if they want. There also is a Peafowl forum for peafowl questions. 😉

Good afternoon. We are planning for a new peahen arrival next week. We currently manage 2 adult males, 1 adult female and 1 4 month old female.
We are asking for any advice on introducing a new peahen to the flock. Any concerns? Anythjng to make her or the others feel more comfortable?
Thank you for your help.🦚🦚
What we do is to place the new arrival in a separate pen where they can see each other but not touch for about 30 days. This pic is when new birds arrived while we were completing the new coop. The peacocks could visits and become accustomed to one another.
1604848716575.png

If possible it is best to move the cock and other hens into the pen with the new bird. That way they think she is the one who belongs there and they are the intruders giving her a higher place on the pecking order. Honestly, this time of year they are much easier to introduce.

Introducing any birds is pretty much the same. Have an area in or beside the other pen of birds, so they can see each other without harming each other. I separate them for 10 days myself. I have a lot of hiding places in my peafowl enclosure, so they can hide if they want. There also is a Peafowl forum for peafowl questions. 😉
Thank u thank u for your input. We love it. The peacocks and peahens are free range and have around 15 acres to roam free. 🦚🦚 We will try to feed them together with individual pilies of food for each. We only have a chicken pen with a small enclosure inside made for chickens and too small for even one peacock or peahen. We feel great in that she is around the same age as the other 3 adults. Any ideas of how to transport from her current home to her new home with us? It will be via van. Any inside peafowl intel is welcomed and appreciated. 🦚🦚😘

Back
Top Bottom