New Pen

cwright0312

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 4, 2013
Just getting back into chickens. I hatched out a few black copper marans a few months ago and needed a pen for them. I fenced in a third of one side shed on the barn. It is 10 foot by 15 foot. I used the 2x4 welded wire because it is a little stronger and we do have a few dogs running the area. Put the chickens in it yesterday and they love it. I will get pics this weekend and try to post. I got in the little bowl waterers yesterday and will be setting them up as well. Saw them on here and liked the idea.

I did have a couple of questions about the pen. I basically enclosed the end of a tin shed. It has tin on the roof and on one side then wire on the other side and front. It is completely under the roof, but the end at the end of the shed so they get plenty of light although it will be a little shaded most of the time. Will there be any issues with not much direct sunlight and will heat be an issue in the summer?

I did have a couple of questions about the pen. I basically enclosed the end of a tin shed. It has tin on the roof and on one side then wire on the other side and front. It is completely under the roof, but the end at the end of the shed so they get plenty of light although it will be a little shaded most of the time. Will there be any issues with not much direct sunlight and will heat be an issue in the summer?
Tin can heat up in the summer and be cold in the winter. Knowing your location and general weather is important to give good advice. Chickens can survive without sunshine but they are healthier being able to get some daily.

Back
Top Bottom