New Pics of My Mini Stud Colt

reminds me of two of Mr. Lowell Boone's mini stallions.......wonder if he got some of Boone lines?

I am glad to meet Mr Boone several times just prior to him passing away and me getting out of the mini horse world. He got some good horses at that time and some bad ones too...strictly for pets that is!

I had a buckskin mini stallion like yours but he was by Silver Flash out of a Lilliput mare (Komoko lines). Produced some awesome buckskin offsprings.....He was only 32 inches tall.

Glad you got him!

We put a deposit on this guy when he was just 10 days old! I knew we had to have him...he's been here now a bit over a year.

I don't have an AMHA membership and I don't know where to research their pedigrees like you can other breeds...here is what I DO know:

His sire is Sweetwaters Mr Forbes (30.2) by Sweetwaters Little Buckaroo (28) out of Taylors Hanky Panky (29)

His dam is Checkmates Sparkle Plenty (33) by Stouts Captain Jack (30) out of Oscalas Freckles (33.2)

So...what does that tell you?

Getting out the AMHA stud books and AMHR stud books too....had them for years and sitting on the shelves.....Sounds like he may have Boone's Little Buckaroo in his lines!

wee.gif
Someone who knows something about Minis for real! Thanks for your help! If he weren't so fat I'd set him up for a conformation critique from you...alas his hay belly makes it unfair to do so!

Anxiously awaiting results...

OK got the background on him.....he has alot of Stouts lines, Stout's Mister Pride goes back a few times both top and bottom. Has ONE line to Boone's Little Buckaroo. A line to Gold Melody Boy. One line to Dell Terra's Red Baron, Ocala's Freckles' sire which goes back to Stout's Mister Pride.

I dont see anyone in the pedigree taller than 34 inches...probably due to Stout lines.

Let me know if you want more info!

I no longer involved with AMHA and AMHR due to political reasons of their own and the registration fees and bloodtyping has gotten ridiculous and harder financially to register my flock of babies each year. And had another new hobby on the side that also affected my decision to get out of the minis all together and no boarding stables will take on minis LOL.

I have been seeing alot of mini horse breeders getting out of the business and strictly go for the hobby and register those babies if the buyer got the extra money to register them.

Good luck on your little lad....he should trim up good after a good deal of exercise and very very very little sweet feed. Breeding and running with mares will keep him fit as well because it works with my buckskin stallion I had and never had to watch his weight.

Okay, all great info...but leaves me with a question: is that good?

The only one I've heard of is Boones Little Buckaroo, and only because he was a Breyer model!

I have to say, in my ONE dealing with the AMHA to register and transfer Sam...I was fed up in a HURRY.

Headed to Google...need photos for his file.

Good in what?

Confirmation or bloodlines?

Boones Little Buckaroo is a very predominant in whos who in mini horse world and well known and beloved to some breeders that they would linebreed or get ancestors with every line that goes back to Buckaroo.

I have seen Buckaroo as an elderly horse before he was sold to a family in Indiana while Mr Boone had to have some money for his heart surgery. Seen his son, Buckaroo Two, as a youngster and looks really nice.

With the lines going on right now, Stouts lines are ok but good in broodmares. Would not sell for high prices in todays market. Rowdy and NFC horses and have not kept up to date on popular bloodlines. However some folks to try to maintain the old lines and keep it that way without getting into the "fad" bloodlines of today and gone tomorrow.

I can not advise you what bloodlines would be popular right now but maybe some hindsight which lines work well with Stout lines. Any of the NFC line horses would be good choices as well as Egyptian King lines works really well and got champion lines for a couple of generations. Hemlock Brooks, Dell Tera, Johnston, Rowdy often works well with Stout lines too.

Back
Top Bottom