New pictures of the Filly

greeneggsandham

Songster
14 Years
Mar 10, 2008
Putnam,CT
So my hubby and I had been looking for a Haflinger and ended up taking a ride to Ohio to check out some that I had posted about the end of last year. We tried a few of them out and settled for Beauty. She is an 8 year old reg. Haffie that rides and drives beautifully very well trained. She is due to foal in April to Lively Leo who is a reg Gypsy Cob.

Here are a few pictures from Saturday when she arrived. They are not the best as I took them from my Droid. As they do her no justice. She is a solid 14 hands and built like a tank.

Last edited:
She is very cute. I love Halflingers. A good friend has them and you just can't get a better personality in a horse. Her reg stud is like a puppy and loves the babies.
I went over there to help her with a halflinger filly that had never been ridden. She just wanted to get on her and see how she did.
She got on her bareback with reins clipped to her halter and the horse just stood there. I led her around a little and she was fine with someone on her back. She didn't understand the reins but let me lead her all over the place. A big part of it was the way my friend raises her babies. A lot of hands on and getting used to anything new. But the breed itself makes all of that easy.
Enjoy her! Wow! A cob and halflinger cross! That should be a pretty baby! I would love to see it when it's born!

Well she certainly is beautiful! Aren't they like a small draft horse? I love draft horses...big and small. Wish I had the room for one. Her baby is going to be amazing! I am soooooo jealous!!! AND...I so want to learn to drive!!!

Beautiful mare! And best wishes with the birth of her baby. Take lots of pics!! It is an AMAZING experience to witness! :D

Thank you all. I am very excited about her and the soon to be born foal. This is the stud she is bred to. He is 14.1 and a true gentleman for a stallion.
Pictures of the foal will be posted so everyone can see.

She is Beautiful!
love.gif
That Stallion is Beautiful also! I can't wait to see how the foal looks!

Congratulations!

Congrats! I love the white around her eyes.....so pretty. Stallion look really nice too! Baby should be beautiful and I can't wait to see the baby!
love.gif

**So Beauty has settled in nicely and just the sweetest mare. She is due in just a few weeks. As you can see from the pictures she is developing a nice bag. For what ever reason I can never get a good picture to show just how huge she is. In person she looks like she is going to pop any day. Pictures will be posted once she foals :) ***

Back
Top Bottom