new pigeon on my hands

banties11

In the Brooder
Dec 2, 2015
hi there, i had a pigeon who walked in through my front door 2 days ago and has stayed. i thought these birds found there way home? it's a homing pigeon but he/she walked in and went in every room of the house and has stayed. i'm honered with it's company and my cat and dog are not bothered by it or the other way around. i'm just interested to know if someone here might know why it's done it?

hi there, i had a pigeon who walked in through my front door 2 days ago and has stayed. i thought these birds found there way home? it's a homing pigeon but he/she walked in and went in every room of the house and has stayed. i'm honered with it's company and my cat and dog are not bothered by it or the other way around. i'm just interested to know if someone here might know why it's done it?

Not all homers have a strong homing ability. Most likely it's a young bird that was released and did not find its way home. At times his happens because the bird is tired out; don't be surprised if it leaves when it gets the chance. Check out the band-you may be able to locate the owner.

Last edited:
thanks for your reply. i took my feathered friend outside again yesterday and after sitting in my hands for a while he flu off. i miss him/her. but he wasn't mine to keep. i do hope he finds his way home. i'm guessing he just needed a rest for a few days and some food and water. i got rather attached to him, they are amazing creatures! i got a cuddle with him before he headed off. i'm sure he will be mighty pleased to get to where he's going. i am very honerd to have had the experience with him/her!

himmmmmm. ok my little pigeon friend has turned up again. he's outside. i guess he will come in when he's ready? he is sitting on the driveway is there a way i can coast it inside? as i dont want a cat to get him!

himmmmmm. ok my little pigeon friend has turned up again. he's outside. i guess he will come in when he's ready? he is sitting on the driveway is there a way i can coast it inside? as i dont want a cat to get him!

From your earlier posts it sounds as though the pigeon is tame. Tame enough to just pick up? Or offer food with an open door. Maybe he will come in again. A large net?

Last edited:
he is back inside and is happy as Larry back in my study room. himmmmmm. i will have to find a cage to put him in i have sheets all over the place so he doesn't poop all over my furniture and carpet. i wasn't really prepared for his arrival but am so happy he's safe. i got my cuddle with him again hehehehe he really is gorgeous!

he is back inside and is happy as Larry back in my study room. himmmmmm. i will have to find a cage to put him in i have sheets all over the place so he doesn't poop all over my furniture and carpet. i wasn't really prepared for his arrival but am so happy he's safe. i got my cuddle with him again hehehehe he really is gorgeous!
If you can, post a picture. Farm supply stores often carry wire rabbit cages that are not too expensive variety of sizes. They have to be assembled, but that's not too hard. We have FARM AND FLEET here in Wisconsin that carries many items that come in handy with pets and farm animals.

12345684_116480032054691_6996776179069429126_n.jpg

here is my new baby

yeah really had nothing to do with pigeons until he walked in. i think he's just beautiful. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom