New plan! (LOTS O PICS, adding them as I go)

That's an awesome find! I snagged a piece of pegboard early in my hunt for cheap stuff, but I'm saving mine to use in my office.
wink.png

Hmm....maybe I should get dressed and head over to my favorite "deal store" for a bit before I have to go out tonight, lol.

Oops! I actually did go...didn't get anything though. Then I went out of town for the weekend and just got home, lol.

I did return with a pair of sawhorses from my mother's house though.
wink.png

Argh! My youngest nephew (who will be 3 at the end of the month, 3/4...he only gets a true birthday once every 4 years as a leap year baby!) sent me home with one whopping head cold! Sore throat, runny nose...yuck! Needless to say, I spent my day asleep on the couch instead of outside leveling ground like I had planned to do today.

Maybe tomorrow, if not, I'll spend at least part of it in the garage measuring and marking...I don't think I want to do any cutting until my other half is at least home on the off chance I do something stupid and need to go to the ER. I can't get into too much trouble with a carpenter's pencil and a few straight edges though.
wink.png

While I was visiting family in OR, I took my mother to the Home Depot and showed her the culled wood bin, lol. We actually took the two oldest boys with us, the younger of them loves working with wood! For christmas this last year, we gave him two of those "build & grow" kits along with a hammer, apron, & safety goggles. He was so excited, he made his grandpa help him build the little house that night! He has yet to make the coin bank, but he's still a bit too young to really need it too. Anyway, my mother and their father are talking about building them a little lean-to style playhouse this summer, so the cheap wood will come in really handy! And the boys can help without fear of "ruining the expensive wood", which is something their grandpa complains about, lol. I hadn't realized what a deal I had gotten on the piece of pegboard until I was there too! Here, they only sell the big 4'x8' sheets, but at the one where my mother is, they have them cut done to smaller pieces (2'x4', 3'x4', etc...), the piece closest in size to what I have (which is still much smaller) was $6.25! I paid the "standard" cull price of $0.51!

Cold pills have started to kick in...maybe I'll start my measuring tonight, lol. Probably not though...it is cold in the garage!

Thanks, I'm glad to be back too! I forget how exhausting it is to be around three little boys at once! My sister's kids range from 3 to 6, so there were a number of "meltdowns" and fights that broke out between them over the weekend too, lol. I got a full 9 hours of sleep last night and another 6 or so throughout the day today...it's the up side of not having a job...I can be sick and sleep it off without loosing money doing it.

Awww, I hope you feel better soon!! My kids are always bringing colds and flu home from school and sharing with the rest of us. We've all been sick this winter.
sickbyc.gif

I'm headed back to Home Depot tomorrow. <sssshhhhh> The hubby don't know yet. I ordered my hardwire fencing from the same place you did. Thanks for the link by they way. It should be delivered by Friday. I saved about half what I expected to spend by ordering it online, plus I got free shipping to boot!! Can't pass up a deal like that. I can't wait to get the run built so they can get outside finally. My 21 babies are almost 12 weeks old now and they are tired of being cooped up all day. They yell at me everytime I go out there.
rant.gif
I'm going to need a bench so I can sit out there and watch them run around and explore their new yard.
wee.gif

Now I'm on the hunt for some solid shipping crates so I can build a couple of smaller coop's to keep my roosters in. If I can find several of them, I may just separate out a couple of breeds or get a few more breeds. <sssshhhh> Hubby don't know about that yet either. He wouldn't say too much, but he worries I'm going to get carried away.
th.gif

Check out this link. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=447730&p=1
This guy started with just a solid shipping crate. Shoot, we can do that. Now, if only I can find the crates.

Back
Top Bottom