new pond enclosure

Here are some pictures this morning, hopefully it will look different this afternoon. First one looking to the left of new pond.
Second to the right .

Next ones from inside existing enclosure.

Yes, it is getting crowded, but all the birds are well behaved.
In the first picture, you can see the new pheasant/??? pens which have an adjoining wall to the new duck pen. I have to finish that wall before I can finish the duck pond enclosure.
Ducks are being shipped Monday, have to get busy.
Absolutely gorgeous

Got dark, darn, but a beer was calling for me, ye ha. End of day, Sunday, three days left, here is progress for the day.

Started attaching the 1/2 x 1 gaw wire and it got to dark.
Here is a photo of two of my favorite pheasants,

The magazine won't be home and gardens, it will be cheap and frugal. Except for wire and netting and a few 2 x 6's or 8's, I have the rest accumulated from auctions, or friends with connections. Glad I can finally use some of it. Why do you think I am trying to utilize the boat?

i think the boat will be the best part. dont matter where or how you came by the materials. its the mind that did it and it is worthy of home and garden for sure. heck might be too good for them

Looks great, looking forward to seeing the end result. and is this a hobby collecting these birds or do you raise to sell or both? those Pheasants are beautiful. If you don't mind me asking.

what do u put at the bottom of the pond to keep the water in
ps i love your pond
thumbsup.gif

Today was one of those 'one step forward, two steps back' days. As far as keeping the water in, my soil is heavy clay and what little water I loose just helps the surrounding ground and trees. I can dig down 6-8 feet and hit water, clean, clear, SALT water. I have four water wells, ranging from 12 ppt (parts per thousand) to 35 ppt total devolved solids (salt). The gulf of mexico by me averages 32 ppt. My water for the birds comes from ponds up to an acre in size that collect water. They have 2" PVC pipe run to them so I can pump from one pond to the other or irrigate from them. Probably over a mile of PVC buried. All I need is rain!!! We are on year four of half of our 32".
Miss Lydia, your not looking forward to seeing the end results as much as I am. I have a saying: done is better than good, good and done is great. That came from trying to make things close to perfect when there is always something you can improve on. So, done is better than good, and it gives you more time to enjoy it. As far as selling or hobby, it has to be a hobby, however it would be great if selling the offspring would pay for feed.
I have the tracking # for the birds, Im scared to look as I am running out of time. May have to get some friends to help or go to option TWO. I just don't know what that is yet.
Tomorrow, boat should be placed, dirt moved in and leveled, and front or back wall started. I hope!

Ducks arrived, new pond enclosure not finished. Option two put into play. Band any species I already have so I can separate later, put them in the existing pen till new enclosure finished. So far everything looks good.
Pretty crowded for a few days.

My pair of mandarins thinking: there goes the neighborhood.

Back
Top Bottom