New Pond Finished Today....Let there be ducks!!!

omg. that is my DREAM pond.

in my fantasty life, i buy the property next to me and make a quarter acre size pond and then use the rest of the property for otehr stuff.

i am also attracted to the windmill idea for a while. but shhh dont' tell my pocketbook or it will balk.

thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures.
smile.png

oh. and the idea of the gutters and stuff linked to it is cool. i was trying to think of how to have one that was in a natural area where the rain runs off all the other properties anyway. you have given me hope. thanks.

Last edited:
terrielacy wrote...I take it you decided not to sell?

Deal closed end of Sept. I've rented the house back from the developer's for a year while zoning changes are done.

Katy wrote...Not to put a damper on things, but how are you gonna protect your call ducks from predators?

Was thinking of putting a floating dock/island with a coop in the middle of the pond. But have decided that will be a pain to lock up at night. So they will have there own little fenced run & coop on land.

Do ducks go to their coop at dark like chickens?

allen wranch wrote... What are the developers going to do with the pond ?

They are going to incorporate it into the 5-10 acre common/park area of the site. They only plan on building approx 25 estate homes on 1-2 acre lots. They are also picking up half the tab on the pond.

bantymum wrote...what predatrors do you get there if any?

Abiout the only predator we don't get is bears. We got coons, possums, coyotes, hawks, mink, fox, stray dogs & cats.​

I have a friend who has a floating dock thing on her pond. She reels it in every day to gather eggs and change bedding. I will scare up the link and post it so you can see it.

Nice the developers picked up half the tab.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom