1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New post/topic chicken error

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by FireTigeris, Dec 9, 2009.

1. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

No matter if I refresh, 'mark all forums as read' or read all new post I have chickens that stay in the Buying and selling area (chickens 8 weeks or older, other items, Items wanted) and the animal list area (all other animals).

I cleared cookies
    Running win xp,
    Firefox whatever the most recent version is that just updated... (3.0.15)
    restarted the browser
    retired 'mark all as read'
    refreshed

there were no unread topics in the actual sub-form, but the sub-form on the index was marked as having new topics/post.

this seems to be an issue on your end at this point, if there's anything else I should try LMK.

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Wow, sounds like you tried everything. Did you also log out and back in?

I just did "Mark all as read" and it worked for me using Firefox and XP.

Can a few other members who read this let us know if the "Mark all as read" works for them or not?

Either way, thanks for all the super details, we'll look into it!

3. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    It worked for me. I am using Google Mozilla Firefox.

4. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

Ok, now 'mark all as read' works but later after I read all the post in the BandS subforums the chick stays by the same ones as yesterday.

I go "Ohhh look new post"... and ALL the topics are read... and I go "Grrrrrr"-

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by